Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Alien Abstraction!

So, this is probably my favorite deaign I've done in a looong time. But that might just be because I love aliens so much. c; Next time, I'll paint everything white over the black base coat, before adding the colors, to make them more vibrant. (: To do this, I freehanded the alien and the ship, and went in to add the background later with thin brushes. The pointer, ring, and pinky fingers I painted by first dividing the nail in half with a silver glitter line, then following the same background technique. This took me about 40 minutes. (:
P.S. For the neon-looking green on the ship and the alien, i actually used a really florescent yellow, over black, which made it the color i needed (:

I used:
Base-Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear #370-black out
Alien and ship-Sinful Colors Nail Art #1622-me first
Lines-Kiss Nail Art  #10-silver glitter
Background colors-Sinful Colors Nail Art #1622-me first, Kiss Nail Art Paint #3-white, L.A. Colors Art Deco #919-bright orange, 10 Professional Nail Laquer #423-simply charmed, and L.A. Girl black light nail polish DISCO #90-funkadelic










No comments:

Post a Comment